Thursday 10 February 2011

Handmade is always better :)

Well I am not normally the type of person to think about or really care about Valentines Day, even when I was in relationship last year, I avoided the day of celebrating 'love', so to speak. I just don't get why one day has to be dedicated to something which people in relationships do most days? There are more important days like birthdays and anniversaries which are more personal and special. Like many people say, it's just another scam for people to spend their money. I know I sound cynical, but that's just me. 

However, this year is slightly different, I have decided to send my first ever Valentines card... Don't ask me why I had this impulse but, I did. So, I went to the shops between my lectures today browsing through the cards and gifts shops to find the most unique and interesting card. However, when I picked up cards, I had these underlining feelings of whether it would be the right one. Is it too cheesy? Comical? Serious? Too pink? Too red? Clichéd? Then I thought about what if another Valentine sent him the same card?! How embarrassing would that be.... (a very unlikely incidence but, one that would probably happen to me!)

So, my recent project involving the construction of paper has been inspiring me. I feel more confident in making more handmade designs, so who would make a card like mine, nobody. My idea processes straight from head to paper with the influence of some skill workshops I've been attending at University. So.... Watch this space, I am uploading the card later. 

P.S - to those bloggers who do know my plans, keep it shtummm. Cheers.
 

1 comment:

  1. Who you sending a card to, Ash? Or am I not allowed to know P:
    It's proper nice though (had a nosey at it before) - whoever it is should bloody love it :)

    ReplyDelete